Lectures and Articles by David Paterson
Recent Lectures and Articles by David Paterson:
- The Power of No: Avoiding Pitfalls and Roadblocks in Filmmaking
- Anatomy of a Short: Taking the Audience from Concept To Completion of a Short
- Product Placement: (Friend or Foe?)
- Dealing With Creative Conflict: How To Negotiate When the Writer Is Not the Director
- Please and Thank You: The Lost Art of Independent Filmmaking
- Make Art a Part of Your Life: Not Your Life About Your Art
- When To Self-Censor: Selling Out Or Not Willing To Compromise?
- Making A $500,000 Movie For 10¢ on the Dollar
- WTF: There Are No “Happy Accidents” In Indie Filmmaking
- Film School vs. Taking On The Business: What Are My Options?
- The Future Of Indie Filmmaking
- Improv for Idiots: It’s not just for Actors
- Is There A Market For Shorts?
- Fall Down, Get up, Laugh: finding humor in hardship
- Production 101: Know Your Crew, Don’t Hire Family or Friends
- To Stay On Time-Keep On Budget-Hire Women
- We Need A Bigger Boat: Finding Additional Funds/resources DURING Production
- FAITH IN FILM: A turn-on or turn-off for distributors?